Dr Antoine Zammit has a PhD in planning and urban design from the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London and is founding architect and urban designer of Malta-based practice studjurban. He lectures in spatial planning, urban design and urban governance at the Department of Spatial Planning and Infrastructure within the Faculty for the Built Environment, University of Malta and is actively engaged within the Maltese Chamber of Architects and Civil Engineers and the Urban Issues Work Group of the Architects’ Council of Europe. In the field of planning and policy-making Antoine currently advises the Malta Environment and Planning Authority on major policy revisions and has authored new national urban design policy and guidance. He has delivered papers at numerous international conferences and transnational meetings in the research areas of urban design quality, urban design research methods, urban design policy-making, green urbanism and responsible design.
- Urban design theory and practice, urban design research methods
- Design quality and development management
- Spatial planning systems, planning culture, EU urban agenda
- Historical evolution of planning in Malta
- Green urbanism, resource management and urban allotment gardens
- Urban governance and decision making, role of formal and informal institutions
- Information and Communications Technology and public space design/management